Patrick David Harrigan
3145 NW 46th Avenue
Gainesville, FL 32605 USA
Tel: +1 (904) 403-9523
Websites developed and maintained:
- (1997- ) Murugan.org Murugan Bhakti website
- (1997-1999) Institute of Asian Studies Madras
- (2000- ) Kataragama.org Kataragama-Skanda website
- (2000- ) LivingHeritage.org Living Heritage Trust of Sri Lanka website
- (2000- ) CulturalSurvivalTrust.org Cultural Survival Trust of Sri Lanka website
- (2000- ) Vedda.org Vedda.org website for Sri Lanka's indigenous Veddas
- (2001- ) Palani.org official website of Palani Devasthānam
- (2001- ) Pongi.org official website of Valli Malai
- (2001- ) Ratnagiri.org official website of Bala Murugan Tirukkovil, Rathinagiri
- (2001- ) WESWA.org website of the Weaker Section Welfare Association, Viralimalai, Tamil Nadu
- (2001- ) ZOPIF.org Zones of Peace International Foundation
- (2001- ) Tiruchendur.org official website of Śrī Subrahmanya Swāmi Devasthānam, Tiruchendur
- (2001- ) SriPada.org website of Adam's Peak (Śrī Pāda), Sri Lanka
- (2001- ) DaladaMaligawa.org website of Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, Kandy, Sri Lanka
- (2001- ) BarbaraCragg.com Barbara Cragg HR Consultancy
- (2001- ) LankaBhumi.org sacred sites of Sri Lanka
- (2001- ) Sigiriya.org Sri Lanka's World Heritage site
- (2001-2) SWSHindia.com website of Smith White Sharma & Halpern, Indo-American immigration law firm
- (2002- ) Jnanamalai.org official website of Jnana Malai Murugan Kovil
- (2002-11) Hamsa.org Studies of Saint Thomas in India
- (2002- ) PadaYatra.org Pada Yatra or foot pilgrimage, Kataragama Devotees Trust
- (2002- ) Wanni.org Sri Lanka's heartland, the Wanni
- (2002-10) Koslanda.com Heritage Reserves (Private) Limited destination at Koslanda, Sri Lanka
- (2002-3 ) GaladariHotel.com The Galadari Hotel, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- (2002- ) Goviya.com website of Sri Lanka's traditional rice cultivators, the Goviya
- (2002-14) Gurugama.org website of Guru Gama educational community, Koslanda, Sri Lanka
- (2002-2008) ArulMuruga.org website of Ishta Siddhi Śrī Subramanya Swami Trust, Bangalore
- (2002- ) Khidr.org devoted to al-Khidr, the Green Man of Islamic & pre-Islamic lore
- (2003-9) Pattini.org Pattini or Kannaki Amman, popular yet ancient goddess of chastity and home life
- (2003- ) AryaSangha.org Assembly of the Wise: Sages Genuine and Spurious
- (2003- ) Kaumara.org Kaumara Foundation website
- (2003- ) SriMahaBodhi.org dedicated to Śrī Maha Bodhi, the oldest historical tree in the world
- (2003- ) Jailani.org Daftar Jailany cave mosque of Balangoda, Sri Lanka
- (2003- ) Udappu.org Udappuwa traditional coastal village, Western Province of Sri Lanka
- (2003- ) Baidam.com Pokhara Lakeside, Nepal: accommodations, services and visitor's information
- (2004-7) StoneHouseLodge.lk Stone House Lodge, Kandy, Sri Lanka
- (2004- ) Annadanam.org Annadana Murugan Bhakti site
- (2005- ) Anathi.org project to network tsunami affected childrens homes
- (2005-15) Kalmunai.org Ampare Economic Recovery Organization tsunami relief NGO
- (2005- ) NavaShakti.org Tsunami affected children of Pandiruppu, Ampara District
- (2005- ) Okanda.org Ukanthai Malai Kataragama Devale, Okanda
- (2006- ) SLCTrust.org Sri Lanka Children's Trust
- (2006- ) Nanasala.org Rural Knowledge Center, Koslanda, Sri Lanka
- (2006- ) HCDG.org Hill Country Disability Group of Sri Lanka
- (2006- ) Koslanda.org Village of Koslanda, Badulla District, Sri Lanka
- (2007- ) ColomboFort.com Fort Railway Nanasala web site for Colombo Fort, Sri Lanka
- (2007-9) Kiwanis.lk Official website of the Kiwanis Club of Colombo, Sri Lanka
- (2007-9) BeePeeO.com Sri Lanka's rural Business Process Outsourcing network
- (2010- ) PeacockParadise.org web site of Dancing Peacock Paradise, Ft. McCoy, Florida USA
- (2012- ) Ulpotha.org Ulpotha traditional village of Sri Lanka from ancient times to the 21st Century
- (2013- ) Abilityusa.net empowering young Americans living with disabilities through knowledge and technology
- (2014- ) UMich-Taekwondo.club The University of Michigan Taekwondo Club
- (2015- ) Peacock-Angel.org Tawûsê Melek, the 'Peacock Angel' of Yezidi lore and legend
- (2015- ) KangDukWon.org Official website of the World Kangdukwon Federation (Taekwondo)
- November 2015 - present: Vice President for Public Affairs, World Kangdukwon Federation
- May 2009 - April 2013Administrator, Jacksonville Advanced Machining, Jacksonville, Florida USA
- Since April 2009 Secretary, Sri Lanka Children's Trust
- January 2006 - April 2009 Executive Director, Sri Lanka Children's Trust
- Since January 2006 - Executive Director, Living Heritage Trust, Koslanda
- 26 December 2004 - 31.12.2005 Disaster Relief Coordinator, Living Heritage Trust of Sri Lanka
- April 2002 - Network Administrator, Living Heritage Trust of Sri Lanka
- October 2001 - April 2002 Program Director Fast Track USA SWSH School of Business Communications
- Jan-Sept 2001 - Marketing Executive, Data Point Systems, Inc. of Atlanta, GA, USA
- 1999- Secretary, 2nd International Conference on Skanda-Murukan 2001
- 1998-2000 Associate Editor, Journal of the Institute of Asian Studies
- 1997-1998 Secretary, First International Conference Seminar on Skanda-Murukan
- 1989-1995 Researcher, Cultural Survival Trust of Sri Lanka
- 1989- Editor, Kataragama Research Publications Project
- 1987-1988 Intensive Tamil year at Madurai, American Institute of Indian Studies.
- 1986-1987 Graduate Research Assistant, Center for South & Southeast Asian Studies, University of California, Berkeley
- 1985 Teaching Assistant, 'Religions of Asia' undergraduate course for the University of Michigan Program in Religious Studies.
- 1983-1984 Master's degree studies, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
- 1979-1983 Frankfurt Airport Station Leader for Eurorent auto rental firm, Frankfurt, Germany.
- 1977-1978 fieldwork in South Asia
- 1976 Guest Tae Kwon Do instructor, All-Pakistan Taekwon Do Association, Karachi, Pakistan
- 1974-1976 Manager, Union Station restaurant, Michigan Union, Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- 1974-1975 completion of undergraduate studies at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
- 1970-1973 Undergraduate studies abroad in South Korea, India, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
- 1968-1970 Undergraduate studies at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
- Project Coordinator, 'Let the Villagers be Heard' survey of Sri Lanka North & East Province, May-July 2004
- Special Coordinator, Third International Murukan Conference Kuala Lumpur, 2-5 Nov 2003.
- Project Coordinator, 'Let the Villagers be Heard' survey of Sri Lanka North & East Province, May-July 2003
- Editor, World Hindu Conference souvenir publication, 2003.
- Consultant to the Tamil Nadu High Level Committee to create a Tamil Virtual University, 1999.
- Member, Sri Lanka National Committee for the International Year of the World's Indigenous People, 1993-94.
- Trustee, Kataragama Devotees Trust of Sri Lanka, 1990-
- Consultant to the Zones of Peace International Foundation (ZOPIF), 1989-
- Using Mac O/S and Windows professionally since 1986
- PageMaker 3. 0, 4.0, 5.0, 6.5 and 7.0 from 1992 to present
- HTML/CSS Web designer since 1997
- PhotoShop 4.0, 5.0, 6.0 and 7.0 since 1997
- MS Office including PowerPoint since 2000
- Post-graduate study: University of Madras (Religion); 1996-2000.
- Post-graduate study: UC Berkeley (Asian Studies); 1985-1989.
- Graduate school: University of Michigan (Asian Studies); MA 1984.
- Undergraduate: University of Michigan (Religious Studies); BA 1975.
- Documentary on Dambana Vedda tribe for 'Gesichte Asiens' series on ARD 1st Channel German television, September 2004
- Documentaries about Kataragama for French Ministry of Education and for French cable television, July 2001
- Discovery Channel documentary produced for The Discovery Channel by Gabriel Films Ltd. July 2000.
- Documentary about Kataragama for ZDF German National Television in 1997.
- Otros Pueblos documentary about Kataragama for Spanish National Television in 1996.
- Tiruchendur Kanda Sashti documentary (Tamil), 1995 (director and producer).
- Sri Lanka Rupavahini documentary about Kataragama, 1993.
- Zeit der Goetter German documentary about Kataragama, 1993.
- Routes of Wisdom documentary series about Sri Lankan traditions with Dr. David Bellamy, 1990-1993.
- Kataragama-Skanda Trilogy 2-hr documentary for Sri Lanka's Independent Television Network in 1987 (composed narration).
- "Tamil Virtual University", report to the Tamil Nadu High Level Committee to create a Tamil Virtual University, September 1999.
- "Cult of the Child-God Crosses a Millennial Milestone", in Journal of the Institute of Asian Studies, Vol. XVI No. 2, March 1999, pp. 1-3.
- "International Centre for the Study of Skanda-Murukan", in Journal of the Institute of Asian Studies, Vol. XVI No. 2, March 1999, pp. 91-93.
- Kataragama: The Mystery Shrine, (Chennai: Institute of Asian Studies) 1998.
- "Kailasa to Kataragama: Sacred Geography in the cult of Skanda-Murukan", in Journal of the Institute of Asian Studies, Vol. XV No. 2, March 1998, pp. 33-52.
- "Dionysus and Kataragama: Parallel Mystery Cults", in Journal of the Institute of Asian Studies, Vol. XIV No. 2, March 1997, pp. 1-28.
- "Peace Begins at Home: Creating Zones of Peace within homes, schools and ourselves", In Context Quarterly of Humane Sustainable Culture, Spring 1995, p. 9.
- "A Plan to Protect Bio-diversity and Indigenous Culture in Sri Lanka", plan submitted to Sri Lanka's National Committee for the International Year of the World's Indigenous People, 1994.
- "Sri Lanka's Indigenous Wanniya-laeto: A Case History", Report to Sri Lanka's National Committee for the International Year of the World's Indigenous People, January 1994.
- "Lanka's Cosmography Down the Ages" in Sri Lanka and the Silk Road of the Sea ed. Dr. Senake Bandaranayake, jointly published by UNESCO and the Central Cultural Fund (Colombo: 1990).
- Complete list of over 60 articles published in newspapers and magazines in Sri Lanka, India and USA from 1987 to 1995.
- list of news articles published about Kataragama
- May 19th 2015 second interview on the Mythicist Milwaukee Show
- Mythicist Milwaukee Show radio interview with Patrick Harrigan on 2015-01-25
- Radio interview broadcast by SBS Australian radio on November 16th 2014 about Yezidi Baba Sheikh's October 29th visit to the Washington DC temple of Indian wargod Skanda-Murugan (Part One) and (Part Two)
- "Murugan Bhakti: A User's Manual" presented at the First International Muruga Bhakti Conference, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, August 9-12, 2013
- Interview in The Jacksonville Times-Union of October 12, 2009
- "From Kailasa to Kataragama: Sacred Geography in the cult of Skanda-Murukan" at the Third International Murukan Conference, Kuala Lumpur, Nov 2003.
- Interview in The Ceylon Daily News of 27 July 2002
- "Local, National and International Zones of Peace: Results of Conflict Prevention and Transformation" Powerpoint presentation at international conference on "Culture of Peace" in Jaipur, India, December 27-29, 2001 sponsored by Jaipur Peace Foundation.
- "Cultural Survival of Sri Lanka" Powerpoint presentation to the Rotary Club of Dickson, Tennessee, 18 October 2000.
- "My Experience of Kataragama" annual address to the Ceylon Hindu Congress, Colombo, 27 July 2000.
- "Skanda and Alexander the Great: Diffusion of Mythic Motifs" special lecture at the Institute of Asian Studies, Chennai, 6 March 1999
- Interview (in Tamil) on Vanakkam Tamilakam (Sun TV) on 19 January 1999.
Skanda-Iskandar and the Alexander Romance: History and the Diffusion of Mythic Archetypes" address at the First International Conference Seminar on Skanda-Murukan, Chennai 1998.
- Interview (in Tamil) for Tamil Oli documentary about the Institute of Asian Studies, Chennai, for telecast in Europe, November 1998.
- "Kataragama Pada Yatra tradition in Sri Lanka" lecture at the Instiute of Asian Studies, Chennai, 4 April, 1998
- Interview in The Ceylon Daily News of July 24, 1997
- "Skanda Sasti festival and Tiruchendur Murugan" special lecture at the International Institute of Tamil Studies, Chennai, 25 January, 1996
- "Skanda Worship in Kataragama" special lecture at the International Institute of Tamil Studies, Chennai, 25 January, 1996
- "The Sacred Geography of Kataragama" public lecture for the Sri Lanka Dept. of Hindu Religious & Cultural Affairs, Colombo, 17 November, 1990
Born: Detroit, Michigan 1950
December 2015 update